Underwood Ammo™ combines our trademark power and precision with Lehigh Defense™ masterfully designed Xtreme Penetrator bullets - the result is one jaw dropping round. This round is solid copper and features a unique nose that maximizes penetration and facilitates consistent and reliable magazine feeding.
This round offers:
- Solid Copper (Lead Free) precision CNC machined design. Good for the environment, bad, really bad for the target
- Unique nose that increases the hydraulic velocity creating high pressure spikes resulting in a larger permanent wound column and over twice the penetration than most expanding bullets.
- Blunt nose for initial energy transfer and straight, deep penetration while allowing for reliable magazine feeding.
- Solid copper construction and cutting edges to punch through entry barriers without deformation or deflection.
The primary advantages of this coating are as follows:
- Improved Corrosion Resistance of the Copper: There will not be any oxidation (brown spots) or darkening of the copper projectile over time or extended storage. In aggressive applications such as wet, humid and even salt water, the coating will protect the copper from oxidation or verdigris. This is very beneficial for self-defense ammo that is often purchased and stored for use for extended periods of time.
- Improved Lubricity & Enhanced Feeding: The finish provides excellent dry-film lubrication that helps with feeding in all actions of firearms. The coating is very forgiving on modified guns since it reduces the friction of the projectile against the feed ramp as well as the chamber entrance.
- Reduced Barrel Wear: The coating reduces barrel wear over a standard monolithic projectile.
Nickel-plated brass casings, our nickel plating process provides several key benefits, not limited to but including; improved feeding in all actions of firearms enhanced corrosion resistance over traditional brass, improved cosmetics, and ease of cleanup during reloading. Nickel-plated casings will not tarnish like brass during storage or when in contact with foreign materials such as leather, moisture, and other metals.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high-performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
- This ammo is for cartridge size .40 S&W.
- The bullet is made from Copper.
- The diameter (caliber) of this bullet is 0.4.
- This bullet weighs 140 grains.
- This bullet leaves the barrel at 1200 feet per second.
- The ammo case is made from Nickel Plated Brass.
- This ammo is a proven round for hunting.
- The bullet in this product does NOT contain lead.
- This round is designed to be supersonic and travels faster than the speed of sound.
- The muzzle energy of this ammo is 448 ft lbs.
- This product has been designed to be an effective choice for the ultimate in self-defense applications.
- The bullet in this product has a Sectional Density, (SD) of 0.125. SD is the ratio of an object's mass to its cross sectional area with respect to a given axis. It conveys how well an object's mass is distributed (by its shape) to overcome resistance along that axis.
- This ammo IS SAFE to use in a suppressor.
- The bullet in this ammo has a ballistic coefficient (G1) of - Generally, the higher the coefficient, the more stable the projectile will be in flight.
- Each box of ammo contains 20 loaded pieces of ammunition.
- This ammo is manufactured by Underwood Ammo
All Ammunition Sales are Final. There are no exceptions.
For safety reasons, we will not accept ammunition returns. Ammunition must ship UPS or FedEx ground. Due to safety, legal, and regulatory reasons, Ammunition may not be returned. It is your responsibility, as a customer, to know what cartridge your firearm uses. If you need help choosing the correct ammunition our technicians would be more than happy to assist you before you place your order.
We, at Underwood Ammo, stand by our product 100% to be free from defects in workmanship and materials. In the rare event, you receive a product that has been damaged, in shipping, or defective merchandise, the merchandise shall be returned to us and will be subject to manufacturer approval. In the case of defective merchandise, it is your responsibility to contact Underwood Ammo to arrange for the return of the merchandise. We will, at our discretion, repair, replace, or refund the purchase price of any defective part or product covered by our warranty when it is returned by the original consumer, with proof of purchase and an assigned Return Authorization number from the factory.