This ammunition should not be used in antique firearms. It is manufactured for use in modern firearms in good condition only, this ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms such as Trapdoor Springfields. This ammunition is recommended for use in Marlin 1895 manufactured after 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 replicas, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, and Pedersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886, Henry, H&R, and Siamese Mausers chambered in .45-70.
If you have any doubts of whether or not your rifle is suitable for this ammunition please have a gunsmith inspect it, or you are more than welcome to call and inquire with us.
Underwood Ammo combines our trademark power and precision with Lehigh Defense™ masterfully designed Xtreme Penetrator bullets – the result is one jaw dropping round. This round is solid brass and features a unique nose that maximizes penetration and facilitates consistent and reliable magazine feeding.
This round offers:
- Solid Brass (Lead Free) precision CNC machined design. Good for the environment, bad, really bad for the target
- Unique nose that increases the hydraulic velocity creating high pressure spikes resulting in a larger permanent wound column and over twice the penetration than most expanding bullets.
- Blunt nose for initial energy transfer and straight, deep penetration while allowing for reliable magazine feeding.
- Solid Brass construction and cutting edges to punch through entry barriers without deformation or deflection.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience. If for some reason Underwood Ammunition fails to meet performance expectations, we stand by our product 100% and will make sure the customer is satisfied with every purchase.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
- Caliber: 45-70 Government
- Bullet Weight: 305 Grains
- Bullet Style: Lehigh Defense Xtreme Penetrator
- Case Type: Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 2350 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 3740 ft. lbs.