This ammunition should not be used in antique firearms. It is manufactured for use in modern firearms in good condition only, this ammunition could damage older and weaker firearms such as Trapdoor Springfields. This ammunition is recommended for use in Marlin 1895 manufactured after 1972, all Browning 1885 and 1886 replicas, New England Arms Handi-Rifle, Ruger #1, #3, T/C Encore, Shiloh, Christian, and Pedersoli Sharps, New Production Winchester 1886, Henry, H&R, and Siamese Mausers chambered in .45-70.
If you have any doubts of whether or not your rifle is suitable for this ammunition please have a gunsmith inspect it, or you are more than welcome to call and inquire with us.
The optimum hunting round has arrived.
The Xtreme Hunter (XH) was born from the incredibly popular Xtreme Defender product line. Like the XD, the Xtreme Hunter (XH) ammunition has an optimized nose flute. The difference is that weight and attained velocity have been optimized to achieve maximum penetration depth with a permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is just simply enormous. No expanding hollow point comes close to achieving anywhere near the diameter and volume of wound channel achieved by the Xtreme Hunter. Not only is the PWC over 100% larger than any other expanding bullet, terminal performance is achieved despite being shot through barriers. The solid copper body ensures that thick hide, bone, and any other barrier will have minimal effect on the Permanent Wound Channel.
This round offers:
- A permanent wound cavity (PWC) that is 2 times greater than any expanding bullet
- Reduced recoil
- CNC machined from solid copper to overcome barriers for consistent penetration
- Radial flutes that force the hydraulic energy outward due to massive pressure differentials
- Optimized frontal surface area with barrier breaking edges to that increase the force at the point of contact that effortlessly defeat even the toughest of obstacles.
- Specially designed geometry to carry the wound cavity deeper into the target than the XD, and larger than the XP.
As with all of Underwood Ammo™ rounds, we utilize flash suppressed powder so that your vision will not be compromised if it becomes necessary to use your firearm in low light.
While taking advantage of our state of the art testing equipment, this high performance ammunition is field tested using popular, real firearms that our customers are most likely to own out in the real world with all the elements you would experience. If for some reason Underwood Ammunition fails to meet performance expectations, we stand by our product 100% and will make sure the customer is satisfied with every purchase.
This ammunition is new production, non-corrosive, in boxer primed, reloadable brass cases.
- Caliber: 45-70 Government
- Bullet Weight: 225 Grains
- Bullet Style: Lehigh Defense Xtreme Defense
- Case Type: Brass
- Muzzle Velocity: 2735 fps
- Muzzle Energy: 3737 ft. lbs.